The Sport of Motherhood!
The definition of a Mother in my mind is a selfless, patient, observant, willful woman whom loves children; not just the fruit of her womb, but all. I get my definition of Mother from my mom's example in life.
There are no classes to enroll in that prepares a woman for motherhood. There's no fancy degree awarded once this position has been granted. There are levels that can be achieved, but there is no Final Exam, EOC, or ECA.
Here's my version of motherhood:
- LEVEL 1 (Preparation): mental roller coaster. Begins with conception. Part 1 First Trimester - either begins in absolute bliss & gratitude or anger & frustration with the male involved in the act.
Part 3 Third Trimester - ends in absolute bliss & gratitude or anger & frustration with the male involved in the act.
- LEVEL 2 (Trial Run, warm-up, Beta phase)
- LEVEL 3 (Dentistry & Theater)
- LEVEL 4 (Case Study/Analytics)
- LEVEL 5 (Olympic Training)
A. One hand hip hoist - picking up baby from floor with one hand free
B. Hurdels - running & jumping from one side of the house to the other while jumping gates, toys, or sippy cups to reach baby just in time before certain disaster.
C. Diaper Dash - changing diaper quickly in public before anyone notices...or smells it.
D. Clean Sweep - leaping, running, crouching, and reaching quickly to tidy the house when unexpected company or guests arrive
E. Spelunking - skill of saving baby from heights (cabinets, refrigerator, tables, stairs, or banisters at incredible speeds
F. CrossCountry Running - Running at gravity defying speeds to catching baby across a yard, field, park, or grocery/retail store.
G. Geocaching - locating a sippy cup/pacifier when dropped or thrown into a field, thicket of brush, driveway, park landscape, or retail store dump bin of merchandise.
- LEVEL 6 (Literature and Audiology)
- LEVEL 7 (Electrical Engineering)
- LEVEL 8 (Gymnastic Floor Exercise)
- LEVEL 9 (Acceptance, Accolades & Admission)
To sum it all up, mothers are a special breed of people. Any woman can morph into this status, if she is selfless.
Happy Mother's Day Mommy! I love you :-)
*Photography by KD Photography